The holidays are just around the corner and it’s time to pull out the craft supplies and get creative! This Christmas tree craft is the perfect project because it uses items you probably already have on hand PLUS the finished craft makes for a beautiful addition to your holiday decorations.
So put on some holiday music, gather up your supplies and let’s have some fun!
Ombre Glitter Christmas Tree Canvas
Silver, gold and deep gold glitter
Small white canvas
White school glue
Thin tipped paintbrush
Ribbon, twine or sisal rope
Small jingle bell
Hot glue gun
- Begin by tracing the Christmas tree form onto the front of the canvas in the center.
- Using a thin tipped paint brush, brush on some white school glue to cover the entire bottom third of the Christmas tree on the front of your canvas. You can view the photo for an idea of how to do this.
- Sprinkle one color of glitter onto the section of the Christmas tree that you applied glue to, and gently tap off the excess onto a paper plate or into the trash can.
- Let the glue dry completely.
- Apply glue to the second third of the Christmas tree shape on the front of your canvas using a paint brush.
- Sprinkle your second color of glitter onto the section with the glue and tap off the excess.
- Let the glue dry completely once again.
- Use a paint brush to paint white school glue onto the top third of your Christmas tree.
- Sprinkle your last color of glitter onto the section with the glue and tap off the excess.
- Let the canvas dry one last time.
- Once dry, use hot glue to attach a line of ribbon, twine or sisal rope around the outside edge of the entire canvas.
- Use hot glue to attach a small silver jingle bell to the top of your glitter tree.